Sunday, 9 May 2010

And He Says ...


O,man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most
Beneficent?- (sura 82, aya 6)

  
And do not walk upon the earth exultantly. Indeed, you will never tear the earth [apart], and you will never reach the mountains in height. 
 (Sura 17, aya 37)


If there had been immediate gain (in sight), and the journey easy, they would (all) without doubt have followed thee, but the distance was long, (and weighed) on them (sura 9, aya 42)


Do they not look at Allah's (God's) creation, (even) among (inanimate) things,- How their (very) shadows turn round, from the right and the left, prostrating themselves to Allah, and that in the humblest manner? 
(surat Al Nahil, aya 48)


Do they not observe the birds above them, spreading their wings and folding them in? None can uphold them except ((Allah)) Most Gracious (Ar-rahman): Truly((Allah)) Most Gracious: Truly it is He that watches over all things. 
 (surat Al Mulk, aya 19)


Allah (God) is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things. (Surah 24: 35)

When My servants Ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed 
 Close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant
when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, listen to
My call, and believe in Me: that they may walk in the right 
way. 
(AlBaqarah, Ayah 186)





Photobucket

P.S. These are translations of verses from the Qu'ran. We, as Muslims believe in all of the Scriptures. We believe the Bible and the Torah were all Divinely Inspired but that human beings changed verses/removed some/etc. and that they are no longer purely from God. It is only the Qura'n that has remained untouched and protected by God.
P.S.S. Please share some of your favorite verses :)

9 comments:

  1. Hello Sarira,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment! I'm glad you enjoyed my post and I thought I would pop by to see what you are all about, too. Praise Allah! (except I call Him God):)
    Have a good day in your part of the world. I love Anne of Green Gables, too. Her books got me through the rough teen years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my blog. It was interesting to read your favorite verses. I would choose Psalm 23 as my favorite. I don't know if you're familiar with Psalms?

    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."
    [Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca and Jen, no thanks necessary!! It was my pleasure :)

    No matter how old I get, I'll never be too old for Anne of Green Gables ;) God willing :D

    Jen, yes, I am familiar with that Pslam. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it :D

    thanks Susanne :D

    Anonymous, thank you for stopping by. Of course, the Verse of the Throne is one of the most beautiful verses. To be honest, I didn't put up 'all my favorite verses' because there would be way too many to put. What I did though, was try to put ones that most people don't consider as their favorite :D

    Love,
    Sarira,
    p.s. Now I can visit your blogs again cause I always forget which blogs I comment on and how to get back to them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Salaam Alaikum ♥

    When I was going to school this was one lesson regarding hadith qudsi #8. When my teacher was explaining it to the class I got goosebumps all over and got all misty-eyed because when you recite Surah Al Fatiha you are having a conversation just between you and Allah at least 5 times a day and that is why it is very important to recite Surah Al Fatiha in a slow manner, pausing after each verse (ayah).

    Hadith Qudsi 8:

    On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace be upon him), who said:
    A prayer performed by someone who has not recited the Essence of the Quran (1) during it is deficient (and he repeated the word three times), incomplete.

    Someone said to Abu Hurayrah: [Even though] we are behind the imam? (2) He said: Recite it to yourself, for I have heard the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of Allah be up on him) say: Allah (mighty and sublime be He), had said:

    I have divided prayer between Myself and My servant into two halves, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.

    When the servant says: Al-hamdu lillahi rabbi l-alamin (3), Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My servant has praised Me.

    And when he says: Ar-rahmani r-rahim (4), Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My servant has extolled Me,

    and when he says: Maliki yawmi d-din (5), Allah says: My servant has glorified Me -

    and on one occasion He said: My servant has submitted to My power.

    And when he says: Iyyaka na budu wa iyyaka nasta in (6), He says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.

    And when he says: Ihdina s-sirata l- mustaqim, siratal ladhina an amta alayhim ghayril-maghdubi alayhim wa la d-dallin (7), He says: This is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    (1) Surat al-Fatihah, the first surah (chapter) of the Qur'an.

    (2) i.e. standing behind the imam (leader) listening to him reciting al-Fatihah.

    (3) "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds."

    (4) "The Merciful, the Compassionate".

    (5) "Master of the Day of Judgement".

    (6) "It is You we worship and it is You we ask for help".

    (7) "Guide us to the straight path, the path of those upon whom You have bestowed favors, not of those against whom You are angry, nor of those who are astray".

    It was related by Muslim (also by Malik, at-Tirmidhi, Abu-Dawud, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

    I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The above comment from Anonymous is another favorite hadith of mine. I love that one, MashaAllah. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey :D So am I talking to myself or...? Tell me what you think :D