Saturday, 1 May 2010

I Can Almost Hear the Mountain


Asalamu aliakum wa rahmat Allah wa barkatoo and HellOoooo!
I happen to live on a mountain. It’s pretty funny because most days I don’t remember that fact. It’s only when we’re going down the mountain that I remember (and of course, when we’re climbing back up…it’s a long long way up!).
But anyways, today…

Today I went out and as I heard the birds twitter, I could almost hear, very faintly, the mountain….glorifying God.
Because the mountain is a
M u s l i m.
(OH yeah- I’m pretty sure at this point you’re thinking I know Sarira’s secret and that is, she’s cukoo.)

But seriously, do you know what “Muslim” means?
A Muslim is one who submits to the will of God (or Allah, the Arabic word for God).

The entire world, the winds, the clouds, the sun, the moon, the stars, the rivers, the trees, the birds…are all glorifying the one God, praising His perfection, surrendering to His will.
The Qur’an, (Last and only complete, perfect Scripture, says):

So today, when you step outside, listen…listen very quietly.
You might just catch it.
I almost did.

p.s. for those who are not Muslims and who would like something other than a religious piece of advice, tune in to my next post where I address how the ‘silence roars’.
P.S.S. Islam means ‘submission to God’, ‘peace’, etc. And contrary to what many people believe (and my brother’s ‘ignorant history textbook’ , rolling eyes) Islam was NOT founded by Prophet Mohammed. It was founded by God, Himself and Islam has existed since the time of Adam (peace and blessings be upon him).
P.+ 3’s: I’d like to take the credit for the picture of the mountain but it's not mine :D Also, I would love to take credit for the sentence that the mountain is a Muslim, but ironically, I read that today in a book. I had basically been ‘thinking’ about that idea the entire day but the book was the one that had actually worded it.
P.+ 4’s. Don’t just listen. Join in. Glorify God: the One and Only.

2 comments:

  1. wa alikomsalam!!! perfectly written!!!! masha'a'Allah!!! simple and to the point!!!! I like when dawah is short and simple, it should be. Masha'a'Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikumussalaam wa Rahmathullahi wa Barakaathuhu!

    Masha Allah! excellent post! yup, I love it short and simple too.

    BarakAllahu feeki!

    Wassalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Barakaathuhu!

    ReplyDelete

Hey :D So am I talking to myself or...? Tell me what you think :D