Monday, 17 May 2010

No Thanks Necessary


Asalamu aliakuam wa rahmat Allah wa baraktoo and HellOooo!
The other day, I was at the mall (at an insanely early hour- well for most people) and I had to …..run to the ladies’ room to speak.
And when I came to wash my hands…
I found,
that basically there was like no soap left in the soap dispenser.
Crisis?
Yup. Don’t worry, I was able to get the last drops out, lol.
But anyways, I’m thinking to go and buy a bar of soap and donate it to the bathroom. I’m sure the ladies would appreciate it. You see, it’s not the first time I go to that mall and find the soap is pretty much done. Sheesh, guys. Give a girl a break. I know I should have remembered that, before I went again, but I’m only human ;)
I’ve written it on my mobile for ‘things to do’.
What about you?

What is something small YOU can do?





Photobucket

P.S. Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that."  (Book #54, Hadith #538)

P.S.S. graphic (like the banner and most 'graphics' on my blog) is from easelandink.forumotion.com (love that site!)

7 comments:

  1. salaam alaikum,

    Every time I go to the restroom in Madrid I find No toilet paper. I always bring a water bottle with me to wash, but need toilet paper to dry myself with. The strange thing is my husband told me the mens bathroom is always stocked with toilet paper, go fig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully our malls tend to have several soap dispensers so no bar soap is needed. Small things I can do...ummm, maybe smile and say hello. You never know when a kind word and smile will make someone's day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rene!! LOOOL! I guess the women actually use the toilet paper and maybe the men don't? (Eeeeow, lol).

    Susanne, that's wonderful!! I know I get really happy when someone says "Hello" :D Oh and in Islam, a smile is even considered charity :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our malls are the same way! Except, the seat is always covered in pee and nasty. So I refuse to use public restrooms unless it's an emergency, then I stand over it and don't touch, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaime, thanks darling for the lovely image, LOOOOOOOL. I so know what you mean! Seen those kinda bathrooms and definitely would rather hold it in, LOL.

    Incidentally, I hear Japan's got the 'most sophisticated' bathrooms. They've even got an article on wikipedia!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan

    Haha!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, LOL!!

    Well, if I ever go to Japan, I can use the bathroom without worrying too much, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol that's familiar.. happens here too.

    alhamdulillah the toilets here are quite clean. we have sme weird ones by the market place, which has some cleaning system after every customer. those toilets were brought from france so i don't think it's exactly same than japan but similar..

    ReplyDelete

Hey :D So am I talking to myself or...? Tell me what you think :D