Saturday, 8 May 2010

Who Calls at 6:00 am ?


Asalamu alaikum wa rahmat Allah wa baraktoo and HellOooo!
I'm back! Hope y'all had a rested weekend. :) 

 This is a story that happened to one of my friends that I think we can all learn from.


It was one of those nights where my friend went to sleep quite late (at least by her standards). Probably around 12:00 or 1:00 a.m.
Suddenly, she heard her mobile (cellphone) go off.
It was 6:00 A.M.
Who calls at 6:00 a.m. she thought?
She answered the phone. Oddly enough, it was not a long distance phone call. It was not an emergency.
It was a good friend, though.
Anyways, my friend said they talked a bit and then she went back to sleep.
Later in the day, my friend got a message where the person who had called her basically said “Hey, I forgot to ask you. Is there a reason you called?”
My friend stared at the message.
She could not believe it.
She checked her ‘dialed numbers’ list ….and there it was… the answer to her question, “Who calls at 6 in the morning?”
Her.
You see, it was she who had called (by accident) and the person had simply been calling her back! The person hadn’t been acting rudely at all- if anything, she had been the one at fault.


What lesson can you take from this story?
Photobucket
 P.S. I may be back to say how my weekend went. It was a bit more interesting than usual ;)

5 comments:

  1. mashaAllah! nice story! simply, before you run to blame others, look in the mirror! i wish everyone would do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. salaam alaikum,

    Ive had this happen to me where at 2am I was half asleep and somehow called my sisters house. I woke up to the phone ringing and stared at the phone for a second wondering why my sister was calling me at 2am. I immediately picked it up and asked her if everything was ok. She was quiet for a second and said I had called her and she was worried so called me right back. Now, I always keep my cell across the room so that I don't accidentally call anyone lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had left a comment earlier :S Guess it didnt get sent

    This made me smile from ear to ear, why does this sound so familiar?

    Really lovely post mashaAllah. Love everything you've written...sorry didnt get a chance to comment on the others. You are doing a great job mashaAllah!

    P.S are both the Sariras taking turns writing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oldie goldie, you said it! :D

    Rene, SubhanAllah! I’ve called people by accident, my self (but not at night, I think). I have closed my alarm though without realizing it, lol.

    athoofa, I bet I know why it sounds familiar :) My loveeeeee! The other sarira isn't writing here but maybe I'll get her too..;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey :D So am I talking to myself or...? Tell me what you think :D