Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Can You Help Me with the AbC's?

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmat Allah wa barkatoo and HellOoo!

I just realized, we are on Day 40! Already! (May had 31 days and I started April 31, so that's 32 days, + 8 days of June).

Since we are on Day 40 I thought we'd come up together with the the ABC’s of life. Basically, come up with some golden pieces of advice, so to speak. You can do it with us or you can consider yourself tagged and make your own list on your blog. These are the ones I've come up with so far:

(Oh and these are my own words- unless I’ve forgotten, lol, and actually believed someone’s quote was my words…LOL. )


A- Always assume the best in others.

[Also, remember]

A kind word can start an epidemic of kindness around the world.

A whisper deafens a thousand shouted lies.



B- Be content with who you are now. Make peace with your past, but be willing, each day, to grow a little more and ‘better’ yourself.

Be the best you!

Balance, balance, balance...



C- Consider the people around you God sent. There’s a reason why they are in your life/you have met them.
Change yourself, before you try and change others.

[Also, remember]
Courage doesn't come in one size or one shape. (Each of us has our own 'struggles' that require courage. Some of y'all know that I am a phone phobiac :P and that I actually 'experience fear' before calling someone.]


D- Do a kind deed each day.
Dare to dream. If you won't dream, yourself,
don't discourage those around you who do.

[Remember]
Differences and disagreements are not necessarily a bad thing. We all see things differently, with our own culture colored glasses, experiences, etc. It's just a matter of accepting that the other has a right to their way of seeing things.

F- Forgive others just like you want to be forgiven by God.
(If you're in a fight over something petty), Forget who said what' in a fight. Remember, there's usually something more important than the 'fight' at hand- the love you have for each other.

[Remember]
Friends aren't the people who only care about a good time but leave you alone when you need them.

G- Grab the oars. In other words, be a leader. Be pro-active, not passive.
Goal. [In other words, have a life-long goal in mind.]

H- Hope, not when the sun is already out, but when the time is darkest.
Have an elderly friend and a very very young friend [kid]. They'll put things in perspective for you with their combined wisdom and innocence...

I- Imagine. Imagine a world without the people you see every day- your mother/father/husband/children. Now ask yourself, what kind of world would that be? How blessed are you? Have you told them lately how much they mean to you?

J-Joy can be found in the small simple things.
Just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should.

K- Keep your word. Say what you really mean and mean what you really say. Promise only when you know that you can fulfill your promise.

L-Love.

M- Money is a means, not a goal.

Okay, who wants to help me on the rest? My allergies are so working up today.


Edited!

 Susannecame to the rescue!  She came up with these great ones (even though I had given her the worst letters, LoL!)


Her words: The last letters are a bit hard, but here is what I came up with just now. :)


N -- Never underestimate the power of a smile and friendly greeting. It may be just what someone with whom you cross paths needs today. [Sarira's note-love this]


O -- Open your heart and lives to others. Open your ears and really listen to what others are saying. [Sarira-love this.]


P -- Ponder the goodness and blessings of God. [okay, y'all get my drift....love 'em all :P]

Play with a child.

Q -- Quiet yourself with thoughts of God. "Be still and know that I am God."

Quit worrying!



R -- Rejoice in the Lord always! Although we may be going through hard times and find it hard to be thankful, we can always rejoice in the goodness and love of our Lord.



S -- Stop and smell the flowers. Splash in water puddles! Skip! Spin! Sing!


T -- Turn your negative thoughts into thinking of how God has blessed you and start thanking Him. (You'll be amazed at how your attitude and outlook are changed in the process!)



U -- Understand others -- or seek to so you can better know from what perspective they come.



Use your talents to make a difference. [I LOVE THIS!]


V -- Volunteer to help others.



Vote! [Sarira- for me!! Just kiddin :P]



W -- Watch the clouds while lying on a grassy field.



X -- Xenophobia -- just say no to it! Get to know others and appreciate the differences. God made people to not all look, talk, act and worship the same - celebrate and enjoy the differences!



Y -- Yield not to temptation.



Yak it up with a good friend. Or a child.



Yell "I love you!" to someone special!



Z -- Zealously serve God and others.




Photobucket+ Susanne :)

P.S. Please check out Xenia's comment, as well! Lovely!

8 comments:

  1. Nice list, but April only has 30 days! I know because I was born on the last day of April and it's the 30th! :-D

    "Consider the people around you God sent. There’s a reason why they are in your life/you have met them."

    Love this and I totally agree! God brings people together for a reason...it's not just coincidence.

    "Differences and disagreements are not necessarily a bad thing. We all see things differently, with our own culture colored glasses, experiences, etc. It's just a matter of accepting that the other has a right to their way of seeing things."

    Very true! This is why I've enjoyed making friends from other areas of the world. It's enjoyable (thought sometimes difficult) to see how we view the same thing with different perspectives. It's a great way to learn!

    Wow, so many good ones! Great reminders and such. Thanks for posting this impressive list! I enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Susanne, ooops, I know that April has 30 days, I meant to write 30th, but I guess cause I had just written 31, I just wrote it again, lol. So funny cause I was just telling my twin, april just feels like it should only have 30 days (a few days ago we were discussing which months have 30/31 days). But yeah, so it's still 40 days :D

    Happy late birthday by the way :P

    Thank you for reading it! Do you have any ideas for the last letters? I've gotten too lazy to think about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ABC's..they are good reminders for all of us..emm and I was discussing with a friend the thing on changing others ..i even thought of writing about it :)..
    Lovely post mashalla..as usual :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last letters are a bit hard, but here is what I came up with just now. :)


    N -- Never underestimate the power of a smile and friendly greeting. It may be just what someone with whom you cross paths needs today.

    O -- Open your heart and lives to others. Open your ears and really listen to what others are saying.

    P -- Ponder the goodness and blessings of God.

    Play with a child.

    Q -- Quiet yourself with thoughts of God. "Be still and know that I am God."

    Quit worrying!

    R -- Rejoice in the Lord always! Although we may be going through hard times and find it hard to be thankful, we can always rejoice in the goodness and love of our Lord.

    S -- Stop and smell the flowers. Splash in water puddles! Skip! Spin! Sing!

    T -- Turn your negative thoughts into thinking of how God has blessed you and start thanking Him. (You'll be amazed at how your attitude and outlook are changed in the process!)

    U -- Understand others -- or seek to so you can better know from what perspective they come.

    Use your talents to make a difference.

    V -- Volunteer to help others.

    Vote!

    W -- Watch the clouds while lying on a grassy field.

    X -- Xenophobia -- just say no to it! Get to know others and appreciate the differences. God made people to not all look, talk, act and worship the same - celebrate and enjoy the differences!

    Y -- Yield not to temptation.

    Yak it up with a good friend. Or a child.

    Yell "I love you!" to someone special!

    Z -- Zealously serve God and others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MashaAllah wonderful post!
    Here is some of an Islamic alphabet I found:

    N aught is the life of the world save a pastime and sport. 6: 32

    O Children of Adam. Look to your adornment at every place of worship and eat and drink, but be not prodigal. 7: 31

    P rodigals and liars are not guided by Allah. 40: 28

    Q ur’an is recited whenever, Give ear to it and pay heed, that you may obtain Mercy. 7: 20

    R epel the evil deed with one, which is better. 40: 34

    S eek help in patience and prayer. 2: 45

    T hose who believe and do good works, and theirs is a reward unfailing. 95: 6

    U nto piety ye will not attain until ye spend of that which you love. 3: 92

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so beautiful and wise i want to save them somewhere and remember it at all times, ill comment again if i can think of some of my own, i dont want to ruin perfection just yet lol
    take care
    xx
    naz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moonsmile! I would love to read what you have to say about changing others :D

    Susanne, you did a fantastic job!!! I am really impressed! I really did give you the ‘hard’ part, lol. Those letters suck, lol, and you were able to come up with good ones. I’m planning to edit my post and include them!
    Xenia, ma’shaAllah, I had no idea that there was a list of Islamic ones! Ma’shaAllah, very good ones! I love N, R, S, T, U…okay, who am I kidding? They’re all wonderful!

    Naz, you flatter me!! You wouldn’t ruin it, at all, but add your lovely wisdom! Ma’shaAllah!

    ReplyDelete

Hey :D So am I talking to myself or...? Tell me what you think :D