Monday, 3 May 2010

Boy Meets Girl...

Asalamu aliakum wa rahmat Allah wa barkatoo and HellOoo!


When I was 18 or 19, there was this tiny little voice inside of me, that used to nag me all the time and ask me in a really annoying, worry wart tone,

How are you, exactly, going to find Mr. Right (For You)?

(In 18 year old language: How on earth am I going to find my one and only soul mate?)



Now, though, I know longer ‘worry’ about it as much and seem to have shut that voice up. You want to know why?

Because of how one of my big sister’s friends came to find her husband (I met her only a few times myself which is why I call her my big sister’s friend- but I really liked her!).

It started with my big sister’s friend (should we abbreviate it with MBSF? Just kidding. Let’s call her Eman.)’s father being laid off from work. Actually, he was either laid off/forced to resign/or quit. One of the 3.

At the time, Eman , herself, was working in a pretty high paying job considering her experience. See, she had just graduated and gotten her Master’s degree from a western university which had branches in the country (UAE). She’d applied for work in a different university and gotten the job, a really good salary and extra benefits, of course, MashaAllah.

But with her father not having his job anymore- her family was going to have to leave the UAE and go to a less known, not as developed country….

Now even though Eman still had her job, she really couldn’t stay in the country without her family. I’m guessing she wanted to, though, cause I remember her voice being sorta wistful about it. She liked it there. She was settled. Her best friend lived right next to her (and also happened to be her cousin).

But …she had to go.

She turned in her resignation.

It was accepted and the university looked around for someone to take over Eman’s job.

Guess who stepped in right then?

You guessed it.

(Boy meets girl, remember?)



Mr. Right – he was the person that they hired to take over Eman’s job.

They asked Eman to answer some of his questions and let him know ‘what to do’/’what was expected of him’.

I guess Mr. Right was charmed by Eman’s character because the next thing I heard…

He was asking for her hand in marriage and Eman was marrying the man who was taking over her job.

They’ve been married now for a while and have a baby boy, mashaAllah.

So the thing is-you don’t need to stress out about it, too much. He will find you. It’s your destiny (naseeb) and your rizq.

(Of course, you should do your part and let your family/wali know that you do want to get married and tell them what kind of person you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a religious brother, socialize with the women at the masjid- they’re the brother’s sisters/mothers/relatives, after all. They might recommend you, lol.)

Never consider doing something forbidden or haram though to find Mr. Right. That’s not going to get you the right guy. You have to believe that God is the One who brings people together-doing what He has forbidden you to do is only going to bring you away from God and leave you in misery.


But doing what He has told you...that's a whole other story. Husband, Wife & Paradise...


Photobucket

P.S. And for the already married readers/readers who want a different lesson:

Some people say that when God closes a door, He opens a window. I say that it’s the opposite.

When God closes a window, He opens a door that you had no idea was there. You were so stuck within your own limited perception (window), you had no idea that there was actually a door right in front of you.


P.S.s I snatched that cute picture from Texan in UAE’s blog. Go visit it, if you haven’t. (Texaninuae.blogspot.com)




9 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, those who go on dates (which is haram) shouldn't really expect Allah's blessings in their marriages, since it is built against his laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis, what a beautiful Blog Mashallah, an an inspiring Post, Looking forward to reading more :)
    Your New follower
    Naz@somalianarab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam alaykum, jazakallahu khair for this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualaikum sis...mashaAllah I love your blooggg and the way you write ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalam Alaikum,


    MashAllah, I realllllly love your blog, and all the wise advices and stories :)

    As for the window/door thought, you are absolutely right! When we think the doors have closed, we may not realize we may be going towards an open door already. For us, humans, it often takes some time to realize our blessings and opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mashaAllah what a cute story? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asalamu aliakum, ladies <3

    Nabsj! That's exactly what I was trying to say. It totally takes the barakah away. SubhanAllah, so many fall into this trap!

    You know, I wanna take the time now to warn my lovely sisters in Islam not only from dating and the like- but from chatting with guys, even 'brothers' on islamic forums. It starts off innocent, but let's be honest. Who are you gonna feel attracted to? Someone who 'talks' about the deen and shows you respect, right. That's why it's just as important to keep our hijab on, while we're ONLINE! <3

    Naz, honey, you know that you've met before right? On MSU?

    UmmHamza, wa iyakki! Means a lot :D

    heart/soul, I just visited your blog. You've got yourself a new follower.

    Pancake-- I didn't get to catch the webinar I was telling you about, lol! Anyways, thank you my darling for visiting my little blog. Help yourself to some tea? (I know you love it :P)

    Oldie goldie- I know! Thanks for stopping by :D

    Jazakun Allah koli khair- all of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Masha'a'Allah! lovely post. Keep it up. <3 Thanks for linking me. :)))) :)))) :))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. "When God closes a window, He opens a door that you had no idea was there. You were so stuck within your own limited perception (window), you had no idea that there was actually a door right in front of you. "

    LOVE THIS!!! So true!

    ReplyDelete

Hey :D So am I talking to myself or...? Tell me what you think :D