Asalamu aliaukum wa rahmat Allah wa barkatoo and HellOoo!
The first part of this post- I came across a few beautiful recitations that I thought I would share! They’re simply divine. Tell me who is your favorite recitor?
The first one is of a young boy but his voice is absolutely mesmerizing. I know he’s grown up now, hehe, but I think to everyone on the net, he will always remain this young boy with the most incredible and phenomenal voice, ma’shaAllah.
(I'm not sure if I embeded it correctly, so here's the link:
The next are recitations of Sa’ad Al Ghamdi, Sheikh Abu Bakr As-Shateri, Nassir Al Qutami, Salah Bukhatir, Mishari Al Afasi.
(Okay, well for the above link, I wanted you guys to click on Surat Al Mu’mineen or “The Believers”)
(Yeah, I'm too lazy to embed these, LOL :P)
The second part of this post- I told Susanne on her blog that I might share some Arabic names and their meanings...so this is what this part of this post is about! I just love names- from whatever origin- but since I’m familiar with Arabic names, I thought include a few female Arabic names and what they mean. I tried to choose ‘interesting’ ones/ones also that you might have heard but may not have known the meaning to, hehe :D
The game, you ask? It’s for you to guess what my real name is :P It’s one of the ones written below. You will find out in about 31 days when I ‘close’ this blog, inshaAllah.
But anyways, you join in! Tell me what your name means? (If you want :D) Your favorite name? Who chose your child’s name (if you have one?)
· Amel- hope
· Amina- trustworthy
· A’asyiah- wife of Pharoah ( she was a believer)- her name means one who helps others, has compassion for those who need help
· Hadeel- Cooing of pigeons
· Ibtisam- smile/smiling
· Jumana- silver pearl
· Latifa- gentle, kind, pleasant
· Maha-big beautiful eyes of the doe/cow/shining bright
· Mariam- “Mary”, mother of Jesus
· Nada- dew drops (think of the dew drops on flowers)
· Noor/a- ‘light’
· Nawal- gift
· Raneem- sound of the angels
· Sara- has several meanings- to make others happy, princess, wife of Prophet Ibrahim
· Sama- think princess, ‘elevated’, ‘high’, (this is not the same word as sama’a meaning sky, though :D)
· Shahd- honey!
· Tasneem- river in paradise
· Wafaa’- loyal
Oh btw, one of the things that I love is that many “Arabian kings’ names” are “Abdullah”. Quite simply, this name means the ‘servant of God”. I just love seeing the title next to the name because it literally reads “King the servant of God”- it reminds me that in the end, king or not, we’re all God’s servants and all equal before Him.
Well! That's about it! Pressing publish before my internet goes cuKooo again!