Sunday, 2 May 2010

How the Silence Roars




Asalamu aliakum wa rahmat Allah wa barkatoo and HellOooo!


I believe that words are important. They can hurt, they can heal, they can break down a person, they can strengthen and give courage to a person.That's why- we have to pay attention to what we say,

and what we
don't say.
Because the silence...it roars:



How the Silence Roars
It’s funny, how you expect me to listen to you whenever you want me to,
And funnier still-
I do.
Listen to you.
Every word you say.
And every word you don’t.
I hear it well,
As it tears my heart into pieces.


            How the Silence Roars! Loud and clear—it often drones out everything else. The hugs, the gifts, the pats, all forgotten as the son waits for his father to say “I’m proud of you”, as the wife waits for her husband to say “I love you”, the student waits for his teacher to say “Great job” and the waitress waits for the customer to say “Thank you”….as they wait and wait and never hear it. Never hear anything but the silence.
            How the silence roars! Loud and clear until the people waiting to hear the magic words begin to lose a bit of themselves, a little bit of pride or pieces of their hearts. And it doesn’t matter if the word is thank you” or “sorry” or “I love you”, what matters is that these people never get to hear these words; they are ignored as if they don’t matter at all…

P.S. Sunday's Dare: Today- tell someone:
-          You love them,
-          Thank you
-          You’re a phenomenal woman/a great dad/friend

They might just need to hear it.

Photobucket
           
P.S.S. MD, I love it. I love you for the sake of Allah. Jazaki Allah koli khair!

P. +3's. I'm gonna be all sneaky here. I promised not to make this a  religious post. I'm going to keep my promise, but I'll turn this question to my readers. Who can tell me a hadith (a saying of Prophet Mohammed, peace and blessings be upon him) that touches upon this topic?

9 comments:

  1. Mashallah. This so very nice.:)

    Here is a Hadith from the Sunan of Abudawud:

    Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If someone is given something, he should give a return for it provided he can afford; if he cannot afford, he should praise him. He who praises him for it, thanks him, and he who conceals it is ungrateful to him. Abudawud (Book #41, Hadith #4795)

    Jazakallah for this beautiful post

    Salaams

    ReplyDelete
  2. MashaAllah, Xenia. You just taught me something new!! I don't recall reading this hadith before, SubhanAllah. I had another one in mind- it had to do with the Prophet sallah Allahoo alyhee wa salam saying that if you love a person for Allah's sake, tell them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. mashaAllah nice post and a beautiful lay out for the page! i lovfe the banner! my blog is so boring :(

    about the hadith.. i'm not an expert in that, but about the silence, i remember a hadith about a virgin being asked for marriage and silence is her "yes". it's sahih bukhari, but i don't remember it word by word. maybe it's not the one you meant :DDDDD loool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda cheated, cos i got a clue from what u told Xenia :D
    A man was sitting with Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) when another one passed. The sitting one said, "O Messenger of Allah! I love this man." The Prophet said, "Have you told him?" The man said, "No." The Prophet said, "Tell him!" The man rose to his feet and went to the man who was passing by and said, "I love you for the sake of Allah." He said, "May Allah whom you love, love you in return!" hope it is right,but I don't know the rawi :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. MashaAllah, MoonSmile! That's the one! Jazaki Allah koli khair. Barka Allah feeki <3

    oldie goldie- your blog is ANYTHING but boring. I love it, mashaAllah. :D I didn't think of that hadith but I can see how it would definitely fit the idea of 'silence' roaring :D Jazaki Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asalam Alaykum, I am glad that you started blogging because your writing and style is fabulous mashAllah, keep it up and I LOVE your blog and post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalaamu alaykum

    And I love you back for the sake of Allah. Wa iyaaki sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asalamu Alaikum "It is also charity to utter a good word." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you for Allah

    Thank you so much for being a part of my life

    You are a phenomenal sister in Islam!

    ReplyDelete

Hey :D So am I talking to myself or...? Tell me what you think :D